The First Baby Picture!!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 1 comments

We have been anxiously awaiting this day... the day when we get to see our baby for the first time! Today we met with my Dr., Dr. Stemmerman, at Evergreen Woman's clinic.

So, let me start at the beginning! We got to the office right on schedule for our 8:10 appointment only to find out that the good Dr. had actually been called into a delivery early that morning and would be running late. Which, is understandable, babies come when they will! So, 2 hours later we were ushered into the Dr's office and began our appointment. We got the results of my blood test, which was all good. As were the results of my urine tests from this visit and the last. Apparently, I will be doing one of those every time I visit ;) We went over some questions that I had and got to know each other a little. We also did an ultrasound and took a look at the baby as well as all of my womanly organs, to make sure that everything was in working order, and it was! So, this was very exciting for us! For me, it was nice to actually see a little person forming in there to remind me that there is a GOOD reason for all of this sickness I am going through right now (which will hopefully be ending in a few short weeks!! Praise the Lord ;)!

Anyway, I also wanted to let you all know of the discussion we had with the Dr. concerning the birth. She is strongly recommending that we do vaginal delivery, rather than the c-section, that I have been told in the past would be the best route. She said that there are many ways to make the delivery go well without the hard pushing, which aggravates my NCGS. She said that a c-section is a big surgery and that it would be good to avoid it if at all possible, though if I started having trouble during the delivery they wouldn't hesitate to start a c-section. So, I am going to talk with our insurance this next week and find out if a c-section is covered no matter what, if it is only covered when deemed medically necesary, or not at all. I think we will find out about that and continue the conversation with the Dr. during future visits and see what we all feel is the best option closer to the due date and once she has gotten a chance to know me and my health a little better.

We are trusting that the Lord will guide our paths and would appreciate it if you would all continue to pray for us and the baby as it continues to grow. Also, for the wisdom of Dr. Stemmerman and our decisions along the way. We are so excited for this new stage in our lives and can't wait to share it all with you!!

1 comments:

  • Just me...Sue said...

    Wow! SO cool!!! Yipee!!! I got to see a baby that is just a couple weeks old today ... and her name is Makaela and she is beautiful! She was sleeping so I didn't get to hold her ... but I was aching as I thought of you guys and your little miracle ... and me 1800 miles away! ARGH!!! Seeing these little snippets will have to do every now and then :( I love you! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!
    Hugs, Mom

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB