Our First Visit!

Thursday, February 19, 2009 0 comments
So, today we had our very first OB appointment. It was bright and early this morning :) I can barley pull myself out of bed these days and I seem to require at least 10 hours of sleep every night! Which I did not get last night. Needless to say, I didn't start the day in the best mood, but once I got to the clinic and thinking about baby and talking with the nice nurses, my mood seemed to brighten!

Today I met with the nurse and it was mostly an informative meeting about what to expect, dos and dont's, that sort of thing. She was very positive and excited for us and answered all of our questions at length. I also took another pregnancy test for them, to double check I suppose :) Then I got my blood drawn, which I was nervous about, but the nurse that did it was very efficient and got me with the first try! That is always exciting for me, since my veins don't seem to like intruders and usually roll around in opposition. So, that went very smoothly and I should have the results by Tuesday. The last thing that happened at this appointment was that we got a bunch of free stuff :) We got a diaper bag full of little samples and cupons, a book about pregnancy, birth and postpartum, a magazine and a bunch of printouts about what to expect at upcoming appointments and about decisions to be made about optional tests, and so on. I think my favorite thing that I got in the bag was a little newborn diaper!! So teeny and cute ;) So, it was a good first visit.

Next Thursday I have another appointment and this one will be with the doctor. That is when I will get my first ultrasound! I am really looking forward to that :) Visual proof of a little one growing inside!

This weekend we are going to Mt. Baker with the high school group at our church. Matt and I are both small group leaders and we are going with our groups to the winter retreat. So, that should be exciting. We are staying at The Chalet, which is apparently a prime location :) There will be skiing, snow boarding and tubing and lots of fun worship and a good speaker. We are looking forward to it as a time to really get to know the kids better and invest some time and energy into these newly forming relationships. I am just praying that I don't get too car sick on the way there and that I will have all the energy I will need to hang out with 9th graders all weekend!!

So, I believe that is all for now, I will update again for sure next Thursday after my appointment and hopefully I will be able to share our first baby picture with you!

Blessings,
Jill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB