The Interview

Friday, March 6, 2009 2 comments
Well, the interview I had this morning went very well. I had previously made a good connection with the lady(Sharon) in charge of hiring for this position through several phone conversations during the week and a half prior. Now when I call her all I have to say is that it's Matt and she immediately knows who I am. This morning I walked up to the door of the office in my suit at 8:15 to find that no one was in the office. A girl named Molly who works at Malcolm Pirnie came up to the door just a few minutes later and introduced herself. Molly was going to sit in on the interview and she told me that they would be ready for me in about 15minutes. So I walked across the street to Starbucks and got some 190 degree Peppermint Hot Chocolate.

When I came back to the office they showed me around, gathered some things and we walked back across the street to a small wine bar for some breakfast. No we did not have wine for breakfast. The interview at breakfast lasted about 2 hours. After leaving the interview, heading back to the office, I felt that the position and my self were a good fit together and believe that both Sharon and Molly agreed. They proceeded to talk about the next step once we got back to the office. Sharon said that she would most likely be contacting me next week to meet her boss from Pheonix. There are two possibilities, I will either meet him at the local office next week or be flow down to Pheonix the following week to see the Pheonix office and meet him there. Judging from what they said during parts of the conversation it seemed that they both liked me and though that I would be a good fit in the company.

As of right now I am only the fifth or so person that they have interview. They will only be interviewing a few more people out of the 300+ that applied. I am just praying that once the interviews are completed that Sharon will think that I am the best fit for the position. This position would give me an amazing opportunity to learn, be challenged and grow.

Thanks for your prayers and support.
-Matt

2 comments:

  • Just me...Sue said...

    Hey Matt ... I'm still praying for you for this job opportunity and that it would all fall into place perfectly for you! I love you Matt - I'm so excited to see you both in a couple weeks!
    Hugs,
    Sue

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB