So, I went and did something crazy!

Thursday, February 17, 2011 1 comments
A Post by Matt...

I decided to join Team World Vision to raise money for water projects in Africa. What am I doing to raise money you ask? I am running a half marathon in the Seattle Rock'n'Roll Marathon. I have always hated running, but nonetheless here I am training for a half marathon (Paul of Tarsus would be proud). So far the training has been brutal. Every time I finish a run I feel like I'm going to die. Hopefully with this training I won't feel like that anymore. My motivation stems from my relationship with Christ and a passage of scripture that I hold dear.

James 2:14-17: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

The main point of this passage is to define the relationship between faith and works, however there is something else going on in the passage. The example that James gives hits me to my core. As believers we are not called just to say good and encouraging things, but we are called to action. We are compelled by our faith to provide not just hope, but needs as well. That is the reason I am running.

If you wish to support me in this effort visit my donation website.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" - Paul of Tarsus

1 comments:

  • Kickin' it Landis said...

    Totally thought this was Jill for a second...and then I thought...there's no flippin way!!! lol I'm excited for you Matt. You guys need to come up here and train while Jill and I hang out! I'm proud of you. God will bless you for being obediant when He calls upon you.

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB