Fun-Filled Weekend!

Monday, April 6, 2009 0 comments


This past weekend was packed with activity for us and filled with lots of family and friends. Mom was in town the whole weekend and it was soooo good to spend time with her. Our weekend consisted of a day at work, Josh and Heather's wedding, Matt's b-day party and all of the Mommy-and-Me time I could get!

On Friday Morning I went to work and then Matt headed off to pick my Mom up at the airport. Then Mom and Matt went out to breakfast with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Candi. After that Matt dropped Mom off at work with me and she and I hung around and played with the kids the rest of the day. Kyle didn't have school, so we did some fun little projects, played some games and built lots of things with Lincoln Logs! After work we came home and had a big family dinner and just relaxed.

The next day, Saturday, was Josh and Heather's wedding. It was not until 4:00, so Mom and I spent the morning at the mall, shopping :) Mom bought me some fun things at the maternity store for my belated birthday gift. It was so good just to spend time together chatting and trying on cute clothes and starring at my broadening belly! Mom got me some really cute things (some of which you can see in the pictures here)!! I am so grateful to have a good selection of clothes to wear now that i don't fit into any of my regular ones. Especially grateful that I now have more than one pair of pants, yay! So anyway, we met up with Janet and Olivia at the mall and spent some time walking around and chatting with them. Then we all went our separate ways in order to get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was on Whidbey Island and the weather was just perfect! The hall was decorated in black and pink, the colors of the wedding, and strung with white lights. The view of the water was amazing and a very welcome sight. The Bride and Groom looked beautiful and so happy. It was over-all a very nice wedding and we pray blessings on their marriage and life together.

Then on Sunday Mom went to church with us after which, we all came back to prepare for Matt's 26th birthday party. It was a BBQ, the weather cooperated and it was an amazing 65-70 degrees out with not a cloud in the sky! So, Matt's family, some of my family and our friends from lifegroup were all there to help us celebrate the big day. Matt is now, officially, as old as I am! He has been hanging it over me head, for the whole 3 weeks or so since my birthday, that he is younger than me... not so anymore, honey!! Anyway, we ate good food, enjoyed the sunshine and company and also played a rousing game of progressive charades (which is really fun with large groups like we had!). It was a lot of fun :)

Once the party broke up Mom, Matt and I headed down into Juanita for a Teryaki dinner and a walk through Juanita Bay Park. We walked the boardwalks and saw the sun set. it was really gorgeous and relaxing, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Then we headed home, kicked back and watched a few TV shows. Before we knew it it was time to take Mom to the airport to catch her flight :( It was hard watching her go, but I am so, so, glad that she was here and that we got to spend time together and make some new memories. I love you Mom and I miss you, I'm so glad you were here!! Time with family is always too short, but I'll take what I can get! Love you guys!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB