16 Weeks and 4 Days

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 0 comments


So, I am more than half way through my 16th week, quickly approaching my 17th week and I am doing very well! I am loving watching my belly grow, past the yucky 1st trimester and not yet into the uncomfortable 3rd! We had an OB visit yesterday with Dr. Stemmerman. We got to listen to the heartbeat!! That was so cool, I should have recorded it or something, but I didn't think about that! Sorry Mom ;) Other than that, she just checked up on how I'm feeling and answered some of our questions and we were on our way! She said that everything is looking right on schedule. I have lost weight, but she said there is no reason to be concerned, she wants me to gain about 20 pounds for the whole pregnancy but said I don't need to start gaining right away. She said that 1/2 a pound a week weight gain is what to aim for. I have also been getting a little more dizzy and light headed more easily, but she said that she expected that and that, for now, everything is totally fine. It will get a little worse as there is more pressure put on my body. Mostly in the 3rd trimester. Also, I felt my first, no-doubt-about-it, baby kicks this past weekend! On Easter Sunday, while in the car on the way to Paul and Cheryl's I felt it. it was pretty exciting for me :) The Dr. said that it is early to be feeling them really regularly, but after this next month they will be stronger and more regular. I am really excited for that, I feel like it will make me feel a lot more connected to the baby and the going-on's inside there :)

In other news, we are heading to sunny California this weekend! We are going to go celebrate Grandma Dotti's 80th birthday with her. Mark and Elaine left for there this past Monday to help Dotti with some things around the house, including repairing the deck from Kathy's accident. Then they will drive back with us afterward.

(For those of you who didn't know, she got pretty drunk and fell off of the 2nd story deck, going through the railing. She ended up with a piece of driftwood through her neck and coming out her jaw on the other side. It was touch and go for a while, but she survived and now she is even talking. We are still waiting to see if she will be able to walk as she stroked on one side.)

So, anyway, Dan and Celeste and Nate will all be flying out at different times and we will be driving out on Friday. So, we are having a big birthday party and a bunch of family hang-out time and then we will be driving back on Monday, with Mark and Elaine. We are pretty excited! It is supposed to be in the 80's and 90's while we are there, now that's a vacation climate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB