25 Weeks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 0 comments
This picture was actually taken between 24 and 25 weeks. About 24 weeks and 5 days, precisely :)

Kahlan is now the approxamate size of an eggplant! Weighing in at 2 pounds!

Her eyes are opening this week and brain wave activity is kicking into high gear. Meaning she'll be more responsive to noises from outside as well as bright light and she is beginning to sleep more and develop a sort of sleep cycle. Though that is not very distinct until 28 weeks. I kinda love that her space is growing smaller, cause that means I can feel her more... and so can others! I love those little kicks and punches, letting me know she's there and doing well :)

Our last OB appointment went really well! I am now back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. Meaning I have recovered all the weight I lost in the beginning. We also got another ultrasound! It was just a short one to get some images captured on DVD, because it didn't work at our 20 week. But, that was fine by us! An extra peek at our girl? For free? Yes, please!! It was very cool. She was so active and about half the time had her feet up by her head, stretching and then she'd rest her head on her knees. So cute! We also got a pretty good look at her sweet face :) I'll try to have Matt put the video up here in case anyone reading this hasn't seen it on Facebook :)

Coming up this month is the dreaded glucose test :( I really hate it. But, I'm hoping to just get it done and over with quickly. Please join us in praying for good results, meaning no gestational diabetes! Also in a couple months, at 32 weeks, we'll be getting another Ultrasound to check her growth, fluid levels, the placenta, ect. I think we'll be scheduling our induction around that time. At that point I'll also be going in twice a week. Once for an appointment with the Dr. and once for an NST (non-stress test) to check Kahlan's heartbeat, activity and amniotic fluid levels.

About 3 more months to go!!! So looking forward to holding my baby girl! We would love your prayer support for her continued health and development and our nerves/state of mind as her due date grows closer :) We covet your prayers and support!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB