Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3 comments

Valentine's Day this year was surprisingly harder for me than I thought it would be. I was fine until the night before, when I started getting inexplicably sad. Then, I went to bed and could not, for the life of me, fall asleep. Then I realized... this Valentin's Day would not be what I was expecting it to be. Last year we were pregnant and so excited to be parents... we went to Barnes and Noble for coffee and browsed through the childrens books and talked about how next year would be different, we would have a 4 1/2 month old and if we wanted to go on a date we would have to bring the baby along or get a sitter... and we were so looking forward to it. Then, this Valentine's Day comes along and I found myself as free as a bird, with no little one to make life more blessedly challenging... and I lost it for a little while. Around 4am I was finally able to fall asleep.
Then I got up on Sunday and it was a new day. Still tinted with sadness and loss, but with renewed hope. Matt let me sleep in and went to church without me, so I actually got about 7 hours of sleep! Then I got up and got ready for our date. We went to a matinee showing of "Valentine's Day" which, we didn't know much about, but it seemed appropriate :) We enjoyed the movie. After that, we headed to PF Changs for dinner. Boy was that yummy! We got the dinner for 2 which is an appetizer to share, soup for each, main course for each and a mini dessert for each person. It was very delicious and satisfying! Plus, it was a good deal! So, we had a fun date night and enjoyed time spent together. Oh, and I have been enjoying my flowers for several days now! I love my honey!!

3 comments:

  • jrima said...

    I so know the hurt feelings of "what should have been", and those times will continue to pop up - but Im soo glad that you have each other to lean on.... its sooo important! We continue to keep you both in our prayers. We love you both so much - and Im soo glad that your Valentines day together was a good day. :-)
    Love you, Janna

  • Unknown said...

    It was a sad day for me too suprisingly, just not what I expected it to be ... but you are right ... we wake up and it's a new day with new hope and new opportunity. I love you and echo Janna's gratefulness that you and Matt had a good day togehter!
    Love you much,
    Mom

  • Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

    I know the feeling all too well. We were expecting to show off our newborn to my family on Mother's Day 2009 and instead had to call them just before Thanksgiving 2008 and let them know that there would be no happy Mother's Day.

    It'll be raw for quite some time and I'm glad that you had a happy day anyways.

    Still praying that your family grows and your hearts heal.

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB