27 Weeks and 3 Days

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 0 comments

By this Saturday I will officially be in my 3rd tri-mester of pregnancy!! The 2nd has felt quite long. I have a feeling, though that the next few months will feel even longer while experiencing the growing discomforts of this stage and waiting for Parker's arrival!

Parker is doing well, by this time in pregnancy, he has developed a regular sleep and awake cycle. Which is normal. Thankfully it is not too off from mine. He tends to fall asleep around midnight and I usually notice him being awake around 9am. He also sleeps on and off throughout the day. I have also started to feel him hiccuping! It is a weird rhythmic sensation. Apparently it is normal for this to happen a lot in the third tri-mester when his lungs are becoming fully developed and he is taking practice breathes and swallowing amniotic fluid. Boy am I excited to meet our little man!

Last weekend we were in Spokane for our family shower. Man, it was a great weekend. I can't even tell you how great it was to see both of my parents! I feel so blessed that they were able to make it and could see me pregnant and feel Parker kicking. It was also great to see all the extended family and the shower that Courtney put together was perfect! It was a lot of fun. I was also so excited about the selection of food that Grandma prepared! I have really been loving my fruits and veggies lately, so that was great! We got a lot of great clothes, some blankets, burp cloths, teething rings, a bath toy/sponge, boppy pillow, baby monitor and even an exercaucer! It was just a really good weekend all around. Friday evening was spent with Mom's side of the family, relaxing at Grandma and Grandpa's house, playing Bocce ball in the backyard, and just spending time together. Then , Saturday afternoon was the shower and after that we spent the evening with Dad's side of the family, eating, playing cards and chatting. Sunday we went to Matt's cousin, Melissa's, house for breakfast. She made us buiscuits and gravy and we had a good time chatting and spent a little time on her porch swing. Then, it was a meal fit for royalty at G&G Rima's and off we were, back home. The traffic was not so great, stop and go now and then. We also had a major slow down because of a trailer full of hay that spontaniuosly combusted while on the highway! It was crazy!!

Anyway, now we are home, and enjoying a few days of quiet evenings together. The month of June just flew by with all its business and I have a feeling July might be the same way! We are feeling very blessed as we enjoy this pregnancy and prepare ourselves and our place for a new baby!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB