A Winter Walk

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 0 comments
Today was our third day in a row of snow in the Seattle area. It is pretty funny, I was so glad to move away from the mid-west and the loooong white winters, but when it snows here I get kind of excited. I am not a huge fan of the snow. Especially living in it day in and day out. Shoveling. Bone-chilling wind. Ice everywhere. Anyways, not a fan. BUT, when the rest of your winter is fairly mild, and everything shuts down because of little fluff, a week of snow can be really fun. It is the perfect amount of winter for me :)

This morning, Matt was working from home, Kahlan went down for a nap and I decided to take Annie and myself on a walk in the snow. So, I put on a pair of Matt's big water-proof work boots, my warmest coat, a scarf and my camera and I grabbed Annie and we headed out!

It was nice. It was quiet. Seriously quiet! It was so great!! Everything covered in fluffy white snow, clean and beautiful. A little time alone, just me and the dog. I think it was good for her, too. She loved the snow! She was acting like a puppy again... running around, biting at the snow, it was so cute. When we adopted her she was living in California and I don't know how much snow she saw there... but since we have had her, it has only snowed here in Kirkland one time. Anyways, we both had a blast! Here are a few pics from our adventures:













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Flint Fam | TNB